Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are the initial installments in the 6th Generation of Pokémon games and were announced on January 8th, 2013. They were first to be introduced to the world simultaneously with a promised global release date in most regions to be on October 12th, 2013. The games will utilize the 3DS console with promises to take advantage of most of its functionality.
As we approach release and more details emerge, pages will be added to this section. For now, we have a gallery full of official art and pre-release images, here.
As this is the first global release we anticipate official news releases to be more controlled and streamlined than ever before. Announcements may come from the official sites before anywhere else, visit them: English.
- Overworld and battles entirely composed of 3D models.
- Cell-shaded Pokémon battle graphics.
- New region: Kalos, based on France and parts of Europe.
- New Pokémon: bringing the total to at least 700.
- New starters: Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin.
- New mascot legendaries: Xerneas and Yveltal.
- New type: Fairy. Old Pokémon changed to become Fairy on top of new Fairy Pokémon.
- New methods of transportation: riding Pokémon and using rollerblades.
- Players' skin tone, hair/eye colour, outfits and accessories all customizable.
- Free roam movement (no longer on grid-based four directions system).
- New battle mode: Sky Battles, for Flying-typed and those with Levitate.
- In-game facilities to make EV training more obvious and intuitive.
- Japan: October 12th, 2013
- North America: October 12th, 2013
- Australia: October 2013
- Europe: October 12th, 2013