On May 7, 2009 it was revealed that the highly popular games, Pokémon Gold and Silver, would be re-released on the Nintendo DS with the new titles Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Their revelation came after much speculation from the community. Many hints in the months and weeks leading up to the announcement only enhanced the community's belief that remakes were in the works at GAME FREAK.
The highly anticipated remakes are slated for release during the year that marks the tenth anniversary since their original release.
Don't forget to visit the photo gallery for artwork, screenshots and scans that relate to the games.
Further details are provided below.
- New tutor moves
- Some level-up move changes
- New peripheral device: PokéWalker
- New competitions: Pokéathlon
- Apricorns return with new use
- PokéGear application returns
- Headbutting returns
- Swarms return
- New Team Rocket Admins: Apollo, Athena, Lambda and Lance
- The JohtoDex is changed
- Gyms are remodeled
- Platinum's Battle Frontier is ported
- Eon Pokémon roam the region
- Arceus event at Shinto Ruins
- Kanto and Hoenn starters available
- Kanto and Hoenn legend trios available
- Mewtwo can be found in Cerulean Cave
- Defog HM is replaced by Whirlpool
- Pal Park replaces Fuchsia's Safari Zone
- New Safari Zone mechanics
- Pictures of a player's team can be taken
- Pokémon follow the player as in Yellow
- Menus recieve major changes
- Moving Pokémon in groups is removed from PC
- Key item GB Player plays remixed music from original games
- Japan: September 12, 2009
- North America: March 14, 2010
- Australia: March 25, 2010
- Europe: March 26, 2010