May 15, 2012
I don't believe ANYONE saw this one coming. What we're looking at is a completely animated trailer for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, presumably showing off (exaggerated versions of) events in the game. Due to some serious initiative from the Pokémon company, we can't upload the video to Youtube. Still, you can check it out here. UPD: Trailer has now been officially released.
- Opens up with N, and an unseen yet very large Pokémon, on top of what seems to be Dragon Spiral Tower.
- Protagonist and rival racing up the stairs of starting town, now called Aspertia City in English, to receive a starter from Bianca.
- The mysterious scientist Akuroma talks about how he doesn't agree with Team Plasma by the Castelia City fountain. He reeks of evil nonetheless.
- Elesa's back as a gym leader and with a new outfit. Her badge is flashed in the background, and the fight is presumably later in the game than before as the protag has an Emboar.
- Protag, rival and Cheren team up to do battle with high level Pokémon on a boat, perhaps by Castelia.
- Remember the team dressed in all black from the first trailer? Well, it's Team Plasma, returning as the villains.
- Seviper, Muk and Zangoose can be considered confirmed for the new Unova Dex.
- Protag chases Ghetsis' Shadow Triad through a frozen city. One has a Bisharp. This implies Ghetsis' return.
This trailer leaves us with a bunch of questions, primarily regarding Team Plasma. They were already shown in a screen in CoroCoro, yet now we see them in a completely new outfit. What gives? Well, prepare yourself for some speculation...
Here's what we figure to be the truth: Plasma has split up. In Black and White, Ghetsis manipulated N and used him to achieve a goal of what was basically world domination. A lot of members of Plasma naturally had to be in on the plan, and never really believed in what N preached about the liberation and mistreatment of Pokémon. However, not all Plasma members disagreed with N, or were even aware of the true intentions of the team. Many were either kept in the dark or personally did believe in N over Ghetsis. This actually includes many of the sages.
It wouldn't be far-fetched to assume, then, that in B2W2, Plasma grunts that still wear their knight armor continue to follow N. The ones in black follow Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad instead, and are the antagonizing group of the game. It makes a lot of sense when you consider two things. One, the sage in the screenshot is talking about how N has gone past just being able to read the hearts of Pokémon. Two, everyone in that house is clearly friendly. A hiker is shown in it, and the women who watched over N in N's Castle, Anthea and Concordia, are shown in the top corner. So, in Black 2 and White 2, there are two different Plasma teams: the dark, and the white, knights.