Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Returning from 5 years ago

Wow was 2011 really 5 years ago now? Anyway, I'm not sure if any of you remember me, but I was active for the Black/White release and then kinda tapered off pldh. You may remember me from my sibling nebulousrl who was active at around the same time.

Since then, I've worked 2 different jobs, gone to college (I'm almost done with my B.A.), and written a newsletter. I got really back into pokemon around May-June-July this year with everything surrounding Sun and Moon so lately I've been yearning to get back into a poke community to discuss it all. Thanks for having me!

Comments

• I vaguely recognise your name. And I recognise nebulousrl as well. Anyway, welcome back! As a welcome back question, what game and what starter are you getting, if you've decided yet?
  • edited November 2016
    Tentatively, I'll answer that with Moon and Rowlet, though I'm seriously considering switching him out for Popplio's gorgeous third evo.

What about you?
  • Moon for sure, and probably Popplio. I could switch to Rowlet or even Litten, depending on what my IRL group picks. But order of preference definitely goes Popplio>Rowlet>Litten.
  • That's my order of preference, too. But I'm pretty sure I won't switch because I really want to use Steenee, while there aren't really any new Water-types I like more than Primarina.
  • Yeah, I'll have to wait and see if pyukumuku gets a good evolution, and I'm still not sure how I feel about wishiwashi.

I have high hopes for morelull, but that doesn't really solve my problem since it's both fairy and grass, and I'd have to double up on types either way.

I guess there's always silvally... lol
  • Sadly I suspect Silvally will only become useable post-game, judging by all the lore and flavour surrounding it.

I personally quite like Wishiwashi, though I really need to know how its ability works. Not that I'm using one if I pick Popplio.
  • edited November 2016
    Same here. I'm a bit wary of using wishiwashi due to the fear of its ability getting suppressed somehow.

Ugh I'm sure you're right now that I read its description, §I. That, or it will be available very late in the game. Oh well, I can wait for a second playthrough.
  • Heyyy. I did recognize that username. Welcome back!

I think we're all on the same page here. Moon version, Popplio starter. Since I love Water-types, I expect that even with Popplio I'll end up with two, so I'm allowing myself that and hoping I don't have any overlap anywhere else. I tried to avoid overlap with XY but ended up using Greninja, Clawizter, and Pangoro, which equals two overlaps (Water 2x, Dark 2x). I figured, these are all Pokemon I really like and my experience would be worse off if I didn't use them, so I went with it.

Wishiwashi is something I plan to save as a post-game breeding project, since while I think that Pokemon is absolutely spectacular I want to avoid single stage Pokemon or at least having more than one single stage Pokemon. I like having some sort of progression to my team.
  • With just a few days to go, has anyone more or less finalized their team based on what we've seen?
  • I have been avoiding spoilers like the plague so I've only finalized half a team, pretty much.
  • Same here mostly. Just based on what's official right now, I think I'll go for Rowlet, Bewear, A-Vulpix, and Salandit. I'm hoping for a nice water type and maybe ground to help with type coverage
  • Based on what I know so far, I'm definitely using Brionne, Bewear, and Steenee, and I'm strongly inclined but not dead-set on using Ribombee and Mimikyu. But I really want to keep my options open as I play; back in X I was really happy to stumble across things like Floette, Carbink, and Pumpkaboo that I hadn't heard about beforehand.
  • Since I've seen the leaks, I have three tentative teams, one per starter option, just in case I am fickle and change my mind about who I'm picking. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Mimikyu on my team no matter what.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler